Commercial Biohazard Trauma Scene Cleanup Service
Call on SERVPRO of Venice for any trauma or biohazard cleanup service need at your business.
Accidents and trauma scenes rank among the most stressful events that a business can have happen on their property. OSHA regulations demand adherence to specific research-based protocols to ensure safety during cleanup and to provide a thoroughly disinfected environment for your business operations.
Biohazard & Trauma Scene Cleanup Best Practices
Containment of the affected area and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) during the cleanup process are required. We observe local rules concerning biohazard disposal for safety. SERVPRO of Venice technicians complete comprehensive training and our products, protocols, and equipment exceed expectations.
Transferability of Skills
Often the areas contaminated in a commercial building has porous building materials. To be sure we remove all blood and fluids, intensive flushing and/or removal of building materials is critical. SERVPRO’s proven proficiency in containment processes and removal of contamination permits us to eradicate biohazards safely and completely. Our crews are experts in disinfection and structural drying, as well.
Care and Compassion
SERVPRO employees are acutely aware of the need to balance speedy and biohazard & trauma scenes with sensitivity for the ordeal experienced by those touched by the tragedy. We work hard to respond with respect and compassion in the aftermath of a devastating event. Taking care of the details helps streamline the process.
After a sever trauma event at your business, when you call SERVPRO of Venice, we will provide proper cleaning techniques, application of EPA-registered disinfectants, and the lawful disposal of biohazard and contaminated material. Your business can rely on fast, professional, and discreet response when you call SERVPRO of Venice, 941-484-7777.
Water Damage in my Venice Florida Condo
Call the professionals to best restore your Venice Florida Condo!
As a property owner in Venice, you might live in one of the hundreds of condos in our beach community. With so many of these units getting built with premium construction materials, it becomes vital for professional restoration technicians like ours to respond quickly when water loss incidents occur. While water removal and drying are the foundation of water restoration, a nearly equally essential service that our professionals provide is premier cleaning.
Cleaning is often one of the common threads of restoration regardless of the disaster that has taken place, so water cleanup in Venice Florida condos is equally critical. Cleaning embodies many specific tasks, from residue removal from surfaces through deodorization or content recovery. Protecting the structural elements of your unit and your personal belongings are two fundamental aspects of the restoration services that our professionals provide upon arrival. Several of the commonly affected areas and items include:
- Ceiling Materials
- Exposed Furniture
Can Carpets Ever Look the Same Again?
Flooring can be one of the points most readily damaged by migrating water effects after a disaster. As much as surface water gets resolved as quickly as possible once professionals arrive, materials like carpeting can absorb high volumes. After the flooring gets dried, residues, debris, and even mild staining could exist. We have thorough carpet cleaning equipment to perform preconditioning and hot water extraction to remove soiling from the base of carpet fibers and eliminate damage from the most recent water loss incident.
The term cleaning can have many meanings after a loss incident, and our SERVPRO of Venice professionals can deliver qualified technicians to help. Contact us anytime at (941) 488-7777.
Learn more about SERVPRO of Venice here.
Business Water Damage? Here's what to do...and not to do!
When flooding strikes, SERVPRO of Venice is here to help!
What To Do When Floods Hit Your Business?
What should you do when water rises in your building and threatens to cause water damage? How do you tackle the problems that broken pipes bring, including the tremendous job of water cleanup? The better question may be “what should I never do?” Here are a few things you should always keep in mind when floods hit your business:
- Don’t panic. Have a plan instead.
- Don’t use electricity in the area.
- Don’t wait to act.
- Don’t go it alone.
These are some actions that you should avoid, but what should you do instead? Follow these steps to prevent further water damage:
1. Secure the Area
Your safety and the safety of those in your building should be your primary concern. If the flood is from a broken pipe, first shut off electricity to that area of your building to keep people from receiving an electric shock. Then, finish securing the area by stopping the water. You can do this either at the faucet itself or by turning off the main water to the business.
If the flood is from a rainstorm, get to higher ground and call for help. Always be prepared and put your safety above the things in your building. The belongings can be replaced or restored; you are irreplaceable.
2. Call for Help
Once it is safe to do so, call a professional restoration crew. These experts can restore the damage that water caused and get your life back to normal. Some local business, like SERVPRO of Venice, are open 24/7 and 365 days a year to help, so there’s no reason to wait.
3. Begin Cleanup
If the water came from broken pipes, you might not have to wait for the restoration crew to arrive to begin cleaning up. You can start removing porous materials and cleaning damaged belongings. The longer you wait, the more water damage can occur. If you’re not sure how to get started with water cleanup, call the restoration company in Venice that is faster to any size disaster.
Spring Cleaning Tips for Your Home, Office, or Rental Property
If you need assistance with any spring-cleaning project, give us a call today!
If you live in the Venice Florida area, you know that springtime comes and goes fast! With upcoming hotter and wetter weather, we transition from the Florida "Dry Season" to the "Wet Season" which occurs from May through October. With the more pleasant weather we enjoy during March and April, this makes for a great time to clean your home and make sure your property is ready for hurricane season, a new renter or homeowner taking residence, Airbnb or VRBO guests, or 'off-season' if you manage a seasonal rental property.
To help you be prepared, here are some cleaning and maintenance tips for your property:
- Create separate checklists for cleaning and maintenance. Keep these as a record for your knowledge and in case any questions from tenants, guests or future buyers may have. This also allows you to check off work done and make notes of any items needed to complete a task.
- Start with a visual inspection of both the interior or exterior of the property.
- For the exterior make sure to check the following:
- Check the gutters for clogs and signs of any damage on downspouts, screening, rodent use, or leaks.
- Check for water damage. Make sure to check door and window frames, sliding door frames, siding, decking, and if safe to do so and with a buddy nearby, check the roof for any damaged or missing shingles, vents flanges, chimney, etc.
- Manage your landscaping to ensure drainage leading away from the home, sprinkler system, and use approved products to take care of any weed, rodent and insect control.
- For the interior, it is also good to look for any damage, especially those that can be caused by moisture.
- Inspect all plumbing to the best of your ability. If you see any sign of a leak, what appears to be mold, or high moisture reading, do not wait to call a licensed professional.
- Check any security system, your HVAC system (make sure to change your filters as recommended, and we highly recommend having your system inspected/maintained at the minimum on a yearly basis), window and door frames from the inside, any caulking, grout, or tile that may need to be cleaned and sealed.
- Test the fire alarm system, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and any hurricane protection items (shutters, fasteners, tie downs, etc.) you may have within the home for use during an emergency.
- Lastly, look up!! If you see any discoloration on your ceiling or anywhere around your windows, it is a good idea to call a roofing company to inspect the roof just to be sure. There is nothing worse than waiting and finding out it was indeed a roof leak during one of our famous mid-summer torrential downpours.
The most important thing is that if you see something that needs to be repaired, replaced, or inspected further, do not hesitate to call someone for assistance if it is beyond your abilities. By waiting to fix it, you may find yourself in the middle of the rainy season and too late to prevent further damage, costing your even more time and money than if you would have taking care of it immediately.
Happy springtime and enjoy the weather!
For Immediate Cleaning Service in Venice Florida, Call SERVPRO
Day or Night, 24/7, 365 Days a Year, SERVPRO of Venice is "Faster to any size disaster"
SERVPRO of Venice provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in the Venice Florida area. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 941-484-7777
Whether your Venice home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Venice commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Top 10 Fire and Smoke Damage Tips for Your Home
What Now? SERVPRO of Venice is here to help!
If your home has suffered from fire and/or smoke damage, your safety and the safety of everyone in your household should be the primary focus. Sometimes a fire marshal or other government official may need to give the 'all clear' before allowing anyone back into the building. If you are unsure, check with your local fire department.
Once you are back in the building, keep these tips in mind:
- Some of the most prevalent concerns to be on the lookout for are electrical and "slip and fall" hazards.
- If you are not sure about the safety of an activity that needs to be completed, do not attempt.
- Be careful handling wet materials, as they can be VERY heavy.
- To reduce the chance for smoke and soot becoming embedded into furniture, carpets, or upholstery, keep the movement limited in your home.
- Keep hands, tools, and cleaning cloths clean and fresh so as to not increase the amount of soiling.
- Change your HVAC filter. If smoke was heavy, consider having a licensed HVAC company inspect your duct work and air handler and other equipment that may have been damaged or affected.
- Remember the bottom side when cleaning house plants and other household items.
- Use a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil to clean and protect your household chrome.
- Document all losses and review insurance information.
- Secure your property.
Visit the following page for more information and tips: https://www.SERVPROvenice.com/fire-damage-tips
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? We are here to help you. Call (941) 484-7777
Tips to Protect Your Commercial Property From Mold Damage
Large or Small Business and Commercial Mold Remediation
Mold! That four letter word that seems to be everywhere! When most folks think of mold, they think of issues within residential homes and condominiums. However, mold can affect your business office, warehouse, and commercial building too. While most business often have more rigorous in-house inspections and year round maintenance or facility managers, mold can still appear at your business location, especially after a storm, water or fire damage, or other catastrophic event. It can often go unnoticed in areas that are not frequently used, from storage rooms or that office area no one has used for a while, or under cabinets, crawl spaces, and other seldom used areas.
If you notice mold or your employees or clients have mentioned a 'musty smell', you should take the following steps to mitigate the mold as soon as possible, because it will not go away on its own!
- Find the source! Mold needs four things to survive and grow/spread: Food (any organic material, including dust!), Moisture/Humidity, Oxygen, and an ideal temperature range around 75-88 degrees, however some mold have optimal growth at lower temperatures, even as low as 60 degrees Fahrenheit according to some studies.
- Fix the source! If you have an active water intrusion or leak, get it repaired and dried out as soon as possible. The longer the water damage continues, the larger your challenge for cleanup will be. If your HVAC system is not running optimally, get it tested and repaired as soon as possible. Most buildings today are built very airtight, with little natural airflow to help regulate air fluctuations, so having an efficient and well running HVAC system is very important in the Venice Florida area.
- However, if you do have mold in a certain area, you want to close off the HVAC returns and vents in that area to prevent the spread of spores to other areas of your business, and do NOT blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Do not attempt to clean with bleach or other disinfectants as these often do not fully remove the mold roots and when sprayed directly on the mold, can create spores that spread by going airborne.
- If you suspect you have mold, give SERVPRO of Venice a call. We will do a no-cost walk-through of your property and help you with the next steps, which often involve having a state licensed Industrial Hygienist (IH) or Mold Assessor to provide testing and developing a protocol for mitigation.
Please remember this: There is no such thing as 'mold removal'. Mold naturally found everywhere, but mold mitigation is what we do. If you have a mold problem, give us a call to help make it "Like it never even happened."
Blackout! How to be prepared "After the Storm"
When the storms roll in, "Be Prepared, not Scared!
Are you prepared in case there is a blackout (loss of power) after a storm? Follow are a few tips for how to prepare in the event of a power outage.
TLDR: Watch the following video from FEMA for the 10 tips:
The American Red Cross suggests the following:Coping with Power OutagesSudden power outages can be frustrating and troublesome, especially when they last a long time. If a power outage is 2 hours or less, don’t be concerned about losing your perishable foods. For prolonged power outages, though, there are steps you can take to minimize food loss and to keep all members of your household as comfortable as possible. Energy Conservation Recommendations
- Turn off lights and computers when not in use.
- Wash clothes in cold water if possible; wash only full loads and clean the dryer's lint trap after each use.
- When using a dishwasher, wash full loads and use the light cycle. If possible, use the rinse only cycle and turn off the high temperature rinse option. When the regular wash cycle is done, just open the dishwasher door to allow the dishes to air dry.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with energy efficient compact fluorescent lights
While blackouts are not fun, if you are prepared, they can be a lot less stressful for the family. If you have pets, children, anyone with disabilities, senior citizens, or anyone else who may have special needs staying in your home, make sure you have supplies, medicine, and comfort items that will help them cope through the blackout time also.
Updated for 2021! Sarasota County Hurricane & Disaster Preparedness
Be Prepared, Not Scared. Know what to do when disaster comes your way!
Although our current hurricane season is almost over (The 'season' runs from June 1 - November 30), we want you, our clients, members of our community, and business partners to have the sources of information you need to be prepared. And now is the best time to be prepared.
Remember that even if your home and/or business is safe and secure from the effects of a storm, that infrastructure systems, including electric, water, sewer, and roads and public transportation may be severely affected and damage done to those systems can delay your ability to resupply or receive help. Delays in areas affected by major storms and hurricanes can last from hours to days. Please ensure that you and your loved ones have the basic items on the following checklist and "Be Prepared."
Following are some useful news, weather, shelter and government links for those who live in the Venice Florida area. Please note that sometimes links change and you may need to search for an updated source of information. This information is to help you, but should not be your only source. Contact your local emergency management service for more information.
Sarasota County Emergency Management Info:
Social Media, News, and Weather Information links:
Why SERVPRO of Venice for your Sewage and Toilet Overflow Cleanup and Restoration
Do not wait to call for help when your home or office experiences a sewage backup or toilet overflow!
When a sewage backup or toilet overflow happens in your home or office, trying to cleanup without the right tools and expertise can be dangerous. Sewage cleanup is considered an emergency since the water may contain viruses, bacteria, and other microbes that cause serious illnesses. SERVPRO of Venice has the specialized training and equipment to quickly and safely clean contaminants like sewage.
When choosing a biohazard cleanup company, consider their experience and training. As a cleanup and restoration company, SERPVO of Venice has the ability to handle a wide range of pathogens and will ensure the cleanup process will go smoothly regardless of any unexpected developments.
Sewage backups pose significant property damage and health risks. SERVPRO is an Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certified firm with Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians. Their biohazard cleanup crew can remove the sewage, clean all surfaces, and eliminate odors along with harmful microorganisms.
WHAT TO DO IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING A SEWAGE BACKUP
Following are several steps that should be taken in order to help prevent the sewage backup from spreading.
- Be sure to remove any children, pets, and seniors from the home. Do not allow them back into the area until the damage is completely fixed and safe.
- Keep yourself safe by putting on any protective clothing such as rubber boots, rubber gloves, eye protection, a face mask, and more.
- If the distribution panel is above water, switch off the electricity by using a dry wooden stick and rubber gloves.
- Turn off the water in your home, and do not use any water for bathing, drinking, washing hands or dishes, and others. This water may be contaminated.
- You may need to contact your utility companies and have them shut off the supply to your home if you cannot safely turn them off yourself.
- Open your home’s doors and windows to allow proper air ventilation. You won’t want to use your home’s AC as this will spread contaminated air throughout your home.
- Remove any items from the area that are dry and not contaminated.
- You can add small amounts of chlorine bleach into the standing water to slightly disinfect.
- Contact your insurance company and notify them of the backup. You’ll want to take pictures of any damage that the sewage backup caused. This will come in handy as proof when filing your claim.
- Never attempt to unclog the drains. You will need to clean up the sewage spill before taking any further action.
For 24/7 service for any water damage, sewage backup, and toilet overflow, call SERPVRO of Venice at 941-484-7777