Why SERVPRO of Venice for Commercial Cleanup and Restoration Services
SERVPRO of Venice is Your #1 Choice for Commercial Cleanup and Restoration Services!
When your business experiences damage from a natural disaster, severe plumbing issue, fire, or flood, you need to act fast to reduce commercial water damage, limit financial loss, and keep your business open. Commercial restoration companies offer several services to bring your property back to its original condition, something you likely can’t do by yourself if you have suffered extended damages.
Qualities to Look for in Commercial Restoration Companies:
- Ask for Certifications - All legitimate restoration companies should have certifications to prove that their technicians have the skills and training necessary to perform all required tasks. Preferably, the business should have an IICRC (or the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification), which ensures top-level standards and ethics surrounding restoration processes.
- Look for a Full List of Services - The company you choose should have a comprehensive list of remediation services to restore commercial properties, including water and flood cleanup, debris removal, board-up, disinfection, and mold removal. If the restoration team cannot perform the services you need, you will have to find another company, causing you to spend more money and have longer wait times for remediation.
- Look for Positive Reviews - Reputable companies often include testimonials or links to review sites like Yelp to showcase previous clients’ reviews. Check their most recent reviews to ensure that they have skilled, friendly technicians who offer prompt services.
Why SERVPRO of Venice Is Your Best Choice
The experienced and skilled technicians of SERVPRO of Venice are highly trained, vetted, and strive to be as professional and courteous as possible. Along with our Commercial Large Loss Division and Disaster Response Team, SERVPRO is not only "Faster to Any Size Disaster", we are also the able to handle any size loss, large or small.
Our team is available 24/7/365. Our technicians will restore commercial properties that suffer damage due to floods, thunderstorms, hurricanes, or any other manmade or natural disaster with the same prompt and professional response.
SERVPRO of Venice offers a multitude of restoration services to breathe new life into your property after a disaster, including:
- Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration
- Professional Commercial Cleaning
- Fire and Smoke Cleanup and Restoration
- Commercial Mold Mitigation
- Commercial Document Restoration
- Commercial Storm Damage Cleanup & Restoration
Excessive mold growth is often a problem after disaster strikes due to water damage and moist conditions. Multiple government and health agencies state that high concentrations of mold in businesses can lead to what is known as “sick building syndrome,” causing clients and employees to experience respiratory problems, throat irritations, and fatigue. Mold remediation companies like SERVPRO of Venice can manage the infestation and bring it back to preloss condition.
If you suspect mold in your business office or commercial building, give us a call at 941-484-7777 today.
Faster to Any Size Water Damage in Venice Florida!
We are ready to assist you whenever your home has water damage or flooding. Call us 24/7 365 days a year
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Venice provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Venice arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 941-484-7777
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Venice
SERVPRO of Venice specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- OSHA - Other Training
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- Venice Area Chamber of Commerce
- Osprey Nokomis Chamber of Commerce
- Venice Area Board of Realtors
- CAI WEST FLORIDA CHAPTER
- Venice Area Chamber of Commerce Business of the Month
Your Venice Florida Area 4th of July Fireworks Display Guide
Happy 4th of July America!
Happy Fourth of July! Looking for the best spots to catch fireworks this Fourth of July? Check out the following links for some of the professional shows being done in our communities. NBP Fireworks on the Lake: Nathen Benderson Park, Sarasota, July 3 2021, Gates Open 5:00 pm, Fireworks after 9:00 pm. More details here: https://www.visitsarasota.com/nbp-fireworks-lake-driven-sunset-automotive-group Suncoast Summer Fest July 4th Parade and Bayfront Fireworks: July 4 2021, With a parade in downtown Sarasota at 8:00 PM and bayfront fireworks after 9:00 pm More details here: https://www.suncoastsummerfest.org/events/celebrate-sarasota-july-4-parade-bayfront-fireworks Venice Florida Fourth of July Fireworks Show: July 4, 2021. The annual Venice fireworks display will be shot from the South Jetty shortly after 9:00 pm and last until around 9:30 pm. More details here: https://www.visitsarasota.com/4th-july-fireworks-display North Port Freedom Fest Fireworks : July 4, 2021. Mobile food vendors will be available, and parking opens at 6:00 pm. Watch from your car or parking spot, or bring a chair or blanket to claim physically distanced spots on the grass at Butler Park Fields. Fireworks display starts at 9:00 pm For those wishing to watch from home, a link for online viewing provided in details here: https://www.cityofnorthport.com/Home/Components/Calendar/Event/51250/1712 Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda Fishermen's Village Independence Weekend Celebration: July 3, 2021. From 12:00 - 9:00 pm. A family friendly celebration in Punta Gorda, featuring music, kids activities, vendors, shopping, dining and a gigantic fireworks display on July 3rd, at 9:00 pm. More details here: https://www.fishville.com/event/fishermens-village-4th-of-july-celebration/ Note: Please, be considerate of your neighbors and community if you decide to discharge fireworks from your home. For many of our veterans and seniors, along with most pets and wildlife, the loud bangs from fireworks can cause tremendous stress and anxiety. Have fun, but please also follow all local and state laws, and be safe.
Water Damage to your Commercial Property?
Big or small businesses we help them all!
If your Venice Florida business or organization suffers from a water damage, your main goal after ensuring the safety of your employees and clients is to minimize the damage and get back in business as soon as possible. While a water damage can cause extensive loss to a business, there are several ways to reduce the amount of financial and physical losses.
- Be prepared! By establishing a plan of action in case your suffer a loss, most businesses can reduce the total financial and time loss. The SERVPRO ERP offers a quick and no-cost solution to help organizations be better prepared during a catastrophic event.
- Part of being prepared is knowing where your utility shutoffs are located at and that they are in working order. Do not keep this a secret, and make sure key personnel know where and how to turn off water and other utility shutoffs.
- Call for help! SERVPRO of Venice is available 24/7, 365 days a year to assist your business in case of a water damage. No matter what time of day or night, give us a call to have a fast response and start the drying and restoration process right away.
- Other steps you can take that will help: Place foil or wood blocks under wood furniture legs and carpets to avoid bleeding; turn on the HVAC system to help dehumidify the area; remove any objects you safely can from wet flooring.
No matter what type of business you have, our team at SERVPRO wants to help you get back open as quickly as possible. Give us a call or contact us.
5 Fire Prevention Tips For Venice Florida Homeowners
After the fire department leaves, call SERVPRO of Venice to help restore your home or business.
A fire can be one of the most traumatic events in one's life. But the trauma and damage can be lessened if your home and everyone living there is aware of the basic steps of fire preparation. By being prepared in case of a fire, you provide insurance to help keep yourself and your family safe. Here are five tips to help survive a fire.
- Test all smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in your home. It is great that your home has smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. But you need to test them regularly (at least every 3 months) to ensure that they are working how they are intended too.
- Leave them sprinklers systems alone! Many newer multifamily home buildings (condos and townhomes) come with sprinkler systems built into the ceilings and walkways. NEVER hang anything from a sprinkler or block it's path or tamper with them. You could create a water damage and/or reduce the effectiveness of the sprinkler system.
- Purchase a fire extinguisher: A multi-class fire extinguisher can help prevent a small fire from becoming a whole home disaster. Strategically place them in areas where a fire may happen (kitchen, outdoor bbq area, laundry, garage, utility room, workshop, etc.) and near exit points. A fire extinguisher should only be used when a fire is confined to a small space. Do not try to fight a large fire with an extinguisher.
- Stay alert while cooking. Kitchen fires are often the cause of a residential fire. A grease fire is one of the most common types of kitchen fires. Please remember do NOT use any kind of liquid to extinguish a grease fire. Pouring a liquid of will just spread the grease and potentially cause more damage or injury. if possible and safe to do so, turn off the heat, cover the fire with a baking sheet or large pan to remove the oxygen supply. A class B, BC, or ABC fire extinguisher can be used as a last resort as it will contaminate your kitchen, but better than a full fire. If you are unsure and do not feel you have the ability to handle the fire, evacuate yourself and anyone else in the home and call 911.
- Have an evacuation and ready plan. Prepare a plan and practice your plan with all home residents. Have a clear plan to know how to evacuate your home in case of a fire or other disaster and also a safe spot where to meet at afterwards.
Despite how prepared we are there are potential events that result in fires that are uncontrollable and that cause widespread damage to a property. That is where SERVPRO of Venice steps in to help. Fire clean up should be left up to a professional restoration company that can aid in minimizing the fire damage as much as possible.
If you need any help with residential or commercial fire damage and clean up, please call us 24/7 365 days a year: SERVPRO of Venice, 941-484-7777
Crime Scene, Biohazard, & Vandalism Cleanup
Let the professionals at SERVPRO of Venice handle any biohazard, vandalism, or crime scene cleanup at your property.
SERVPRO of Venice is a recognized leader in the fire and water damage restoration industry, but we also provide biohazard, crime scene and vandalism cleanup for both commercial and residential properties.
Biological and chemical substances can be extremely dangerous when exposed to within a home or commercial property. If it’s not professionally assessed and removed, biohazard materials can leave you with a dangerous environment for those who live and or work within it.
The certified and experienced technicians at SERVPRO of Venice are equipped to appropriately remove biohazard materials safely while disposing of them properly per state and local health agency guidelines.
SERVPRO of Venice uses advance equipment and techniques that deal with the following:
If you are in need of a biohazard cleanup, call SERVPRO of Venice, 941-484-7777.
We are available 24/7 for your biohazard, crime scene, or vandalism emergency.
Common Homeowner Water Damage Mistakes to Avoid
If your home suffers from water damage, don't delay, call today!
Common Homeowner Water Damage Mistakes to Avoid!
When you home suffers from a water damage event, the process of minimizing damage and restoring a property to its original condition can be stressful time. Unfortunately many homeowners are not fully aware of the proper process for cleanup and restoration and make common mistakes while trying to help. These mistakes can make restoring a home even more challenging.
Following are some helpful tips that can help homeowners avoid common mistakes, which will reduce the cost, time, and stress for making a water damage event "Like it never even happened."
Mistake #1: Trying to self-clean and restore their home after a water damage event.
We have all been there; we want to save time and money so we try to take on a project in our home. Water damage to your home should not be treated as a normal project. If you the amount of water is covering multiple rooms or has shown damage to cabinets or other structural components, you do not want to just try and mop it all up and put a fan or two on it. The problem is most homeowners do not have the right experience and equipment to properly handle a water damage. Water easily seeps into areas that you may not know to look or have the ability to check. Properly drying out building materials is a difficult task and one best left to a professional.
Mistake #2: Not Calling a Professional Soon Enough.
One of our taglines at SERVPRO is 'Faster to any size disaster.' This isn't just a fancy and good sounding branding effort, it is because arriving and acting fast is a critical aspect of effective water damage restoration. Water tends to spread fast, traveling behind walls, cabinets, appliances, and underneath flooring. Once that happens, mold can grow and further damage walls, furniture, and other materials. Mold can begin to grow less than 24-48 hours after water exposure depending on other circumstances in the home (humidity level, pre-existing water damage, temperature, etc.).
To quickly find the source of the water damage and shut it off, and then to immediately begin the water extraction and drying process is crucial for your home's restoration. Calling a professional water damage cleanup and restoration company is the best way to do that.
Mistake #3: Not Taking Safety Precautions.
Being in a home that recently suffered from a recent water damage evet can be dangerous, especially if the water damage came from flood waters, sewage back up or other 'category 3' type sources. Along with potential biohazard contaminations, potential slips and falls from wet flooring and stairways can also create a dangerous situation. Care must be taking when operating any electronic device or appliance because turning on electronics or touching electronic devices can result in electric shocks or further damage to the property.
Saturated building materials can fail, and debris can lead to slips and falls. The best thing a homeowner can do after eliminating the source of the water (if possible) and calling a water restoration company is to leave the building and stay out.
Mistake #4: Not Realizing the True Amount of Damage to Your Home.
The amount of damage caused by a water damage event isn’t always immediately visible. If you take the "Do It Yourself" approach and only clean up the visible water, you will most likely discover mold or unpleasant odors lingering in furniture, floors, and walls in the near future.
To properly evaluate the true amount of damage from a water event, you must follow through with industrial standards for cleanup and deodorization. This may include antimicrobial treatments or sanitization processes and is something a professional restoration company is best suited to handle.
A proper evaluation of the damage is also vital for insurance reasons. Some insurance providers will deny claims where homeowners attempt repairs themselves or delay calling a professional to document the damage. The best way to ensure a policy covers the full cost of a restoration is to work with a reputable restoration company and contact them immediately.
SERVPRO of Venice works with all local, state, and national insurance companies, and is a preferred vendor for many of them. If your home suffers from a water damage event, call us 24/7 365 days a year at 941-484-7777. We are here to help.
How to Tell the Difference Between Mildew and Mold
If you suspect mold growth in your home or business, give us a call for fast and professional remediation!
While any fungal growth in your home or business is unpleasant, knowing the difference between mildew and mold is important before starting a remediation project to remove the fungi and prevent further damage.
Differences between Mildew and Mold
Telling the difference between mildew and mold can be difficult, but there are some clues that can help you determine the type of fungus in your property. Mildew commonly has the following characteristics:
- Powdery or fluffy appearance
- Gray or white color that darkens with time
- Relatively easy to remove
Mold, on the other hand, is often described by the following adjectives:
- Slimy or fuzzy
- Black, green or other color depending on the type
- Invasive and harder to remove
In some instances, a homeowner or maintenance staff may be unable to determine the type of fungus present. In such cases, a professional hygienist or air quality inspector can determine the best course of action to take.
So while there are many differences between the two fungi, they do share a key similarity: Both mildew and mold need moisture to thrive. This means that mildew and mold can both be prevented by keeping your home dry, with an indoor humidity below 50%. If necessary, run a dehumidifier to keep within those levels. Air conditioning can also help dry out your home. Mildew and mold easily grow in higher moisture areas of a home or business, such as in a crawlspace, bathroom, wash room, etc. Look for signs of fungal growth in these areas when doing routine cleaning or inspections. Both mildew growth and mold damage are easier to mitigate if caught early.
Generally speaking, mildew is easier to clean than mold growth. There are a variety of cleaners available that can kill mildew. As long as you work in a well-ventilated area and wear a mask and gloves, you should be able to safely clean mildew growth yourself. However, mold growth often needs to be professionally cleaned, especially if the infestation is large.
If you need help with either mildew or mold damage in your Venice Florida home, a certified restoration company such as SERVPRO of Venice can help. We have the equipment and experience to address the issue safely and get your home back to normal. Call 941-484-7777 for fast response to your mold problem.
Watch the 2020 SERVPRO First Responder Bowl
Watch Saturday, Dec. 26, at SMU’s Gerald J. Ford Stadium in Dallas, Texas. Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m. (ET) on ABC
Enjoy watching the 2020 SERVPRO First Responder Bowl!
Kickoff: 3:30 PM EST December 26th, 2020 at Gerald J Ford Stadium in Dallas Texas - Televised on ABC
The SERVPRO First Responder Bowl will be played Saturday, Dec. 26, at SMU’s Gerald J. Ford Stadium in Dallas, Texas. Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m. (ET) on ABC.
"Playing on the Saturday after Christmas is a perfect fit for our game,” said Brant Ringler, executive director of the SERVPRO First Responder Bowl. “We are very much looking forward to being able to thank our first responders on a national scale in front of an ABC audience.”
In December 2014, the bowl began honoring first responders, including police officers, firefighters, EMS workers, correctional officers, search and rescue, dispatchers, security guards, federal agents, border patrol agents and military personnel who have specialized training and are the first to arrive and provide assistance at the scene of an emergency. In 2018, the game was renamed to reflect the efforts to show appreciation to first responders.
Ford Stadium was the site of the contest last December, marking the first time that the game, previously known as the Heart of Dallas Bowl and TicketCity Bowl, was contested at a site other than Cotton Bowl Stadium.
Schools who have competed in the first decade of the First Responder Bowl include: Army West Point, Boise State, Boston College, Houston, Illinois, Louisiana Tech, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Purdue, Southern Miss, Texas Tech, UNLV, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, Western Michigan and Western Kentucky.
Sixty-five First Responder Bowl alumni have gone on to be drafted by the National Football League, led by two-time first-team All-Pro wide receiver Michael Thomas (Southern Miss). Of the draftees, five became first-round picks and eight were selected in the second round.
For additional information about the SERVPRO First Responder Bowl, please visit FirstResponderBowl.com and follow on Facebook and Twitter.
The SERVPRO First Responder Bowl is one of 17 bowl games owned and operated by ESPN Events, a division of ESPN.
Help! My Kitchen has flooded!
Don't Panic! Call SERVPRO of Venice to cleanup and restore your flooded kitchen!
Help! My Kitchen has flooded!
As soon as you walk downstairs or into your kitchen area, your senses kick in and immediately you know that there is a problem. A strange odor is in the air, there are some weird noises, you feel wetness coming through your socks or slippers, and then you see it: water is everywhere on your kitchen floor!
You see not just a wet floor though, as your eyes move around, you also notice that the cabinets, appliances, bar stools, and anything that touches the floor are now soaked in water. Avoid panicking! Now is the time to take action, and do it fast to avoid further damage to your home. Following these next steps will help you prevent more damage and allow for quicker restoration of your home.
The number one thing to keep in mind is YOUR SAFETY! If you do not feel comfortable or safe doing any of these steps, call for help immediately.
How to Deal With a Flooded Kitchen
If the flooding is small, and you are able to stop the source of the water damage, then you may be able to clean it up quickly and on your own. From our experience, this is not the case in most water damage events. If you are not sure of what to do, call your local SERVPRO Cleanup and Restoration company to assist. Following are tips to help minimize the damage and the amount of restoration needed to get your home back to normal.
- Turn off the water: If you can see that the water leak can be stopped by closing the supply line valves (normally located under the sink), or if not sure turn the main water line off. Pro-TIP: Notate where your main water line shutoff is located before you have an accident! Tag it if possible and let any other family members know where it is. In most cases the main water shutoff is located in the garage before the hot water heater, or on the side of the road. If you cannot find it, call your water supply company.
- Turn off the power: For any room that is affected with water damage, you want to turn off the water until you know it is safe. After you have turned off the power, and you can safely do so, unplug any appliances, TV’s, or anything else electrically powered.
- Turn off gas/propane: Flooding can potentially damage gas supply lines, regulators, and burners. If damage is noticed, have your appliances inspected to ensure they are still safely operable.
- Clear the room: Move anything that you safely can to a dry area of your home, such as a patio, garage, or any other room that has a hard flooring surface. Remember that water damaged furniture can stain. So if you have to put it in a carpeted room or if the furniture is too heavy to move, use some kind of blocker to prevent staining. Aluminum foil and wood or Styrofoam blocks can help prevent water wicking up the furniture and from staining to occur.
- Remove the water: Safely remove as much water as possible. DO NOT use a household vacuum. Only use mops, brooms, or if you have access to one, a wet/dry vacuum to remove the water.
- What’s the damage: Take a look at the flooded areas. If the job is too big and you’ve noticed that the baseboards, cabinets doors or kick plates are swollen, you will want to contact a cleanup and restoration company. Professional water extractors, air movers, dehumidifiers, and other dry out equipment will ensure that your property is properly dried out, and helps reduce the possibility for a mold outbreak. Most companies, like SERVPRO of Venice, offer 24/7 emergency services for water damage because we know that time is of the essence. The quicker it can be dried, the less damage you will have and the lower the cost to restore your kitchen.
Professional Tip: Be prepared for when disaster hits by creating an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) for your home and/or business. There is no cost or commitment for using this service. Our goal is to help you be better prepared for when a natural or man-made catastrophic event occurs. This ERP allows you to notate where your property’s shut offs are located, emergency contact numbers for local authorities and your vendors, and other critical information to help reduce damage when disaster strikes.
If your home or business has experienced a flooded kitchen, please give SERVPRO of Venice a call at 941-484-7777 for fast and professional cleanup and restoration services.