Recent Storm Damage Posts
SERVPRO's Disaster Recovery Team and your local SERVPRO of Venice are ready to assist you in times of natural or manmade disasters.
Did you know that the best way to reduce a business interruption following a disaster is to prepare for it now? Around 40% of businesses may never recover after suffering a disaster. Of the businesses that do survive, the majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. Here are a few quick steps you can take to prepare:
- Identify your risks and notate them: are you in a flood zone? Do you have a lot of trees near your business that could pose a threat? How quickly can you evacuate if needed?
- Create a disaster plan that includes at a minimum the following information: utility shut-off locations; emergency contacts; building and business insurance, vendor, and other important personnel contacts; have all electronic and/or paper records and files backed up offsite (cloud storage); evacuation routes; backup generator location and operation; known hazardous materials; etc.
- Share your plan with key personnel and make sure your employees know how to react and be communicated with during a disaster.
- Test and practice your preparedness plans. Make sure you have all employees correct contact information and that they understand your disaster protocol.
- During times of natural disasters, listen to your local government officials and media to know if, when, and where to evacuate and for other critical news and information.
For more information contact us at SERVPRO, follow your local and county Emergency Management Office on social media, and use public resources available from FEMA, such as this PDF document: Business Continuity and Preparedness
You can also contact SERVPRO of Venice for a no-cost Emergency Ready Profile. We will develop an initial readiness profile for your business and help you be prepared. Give us a call at 941-484-7777 or email at marketing@SERVPROofvenice.com to schedule your Emergency Ready Profile today.
Is your business Storm Ready?
The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan smartphone app puts help in the palm of your hand!
The Best Way to Reduce Business Interruption Following a Disaster is to Plan For it NOW!
As many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-Planning can server as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind.
By developing the SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile (ERP) for your business, you are minimizing the business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business
- A no cost assessment of your facility.
This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are "Ready for whatever happens."
If you are ready to get started on your Emergency Ready Profile disaster preparedness plan, Call Us Today at 941-484-7777 or email us at marketing@SERVPROofvenice.com for more information.
When Storms or Floods hit Venice Florida, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Venice Florida
Storm seaon is always here in Southwest Florida, from flash floods and sever thunderstorms, to tropical storms and hurricanes. SERVPRO ofVenice specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Faster Response - Since 1978
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Venice Florida we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States, including right here in Florida.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today at 941-484-7777